Wednesday, October 17, 2007

WFMW - Closet Cleanout

it's wednesday, and every wednesday shannon at rocks in my dryer hosts a carnival called "works for me wednesday" where people blog about tips that work for them.
...
i'm slowly trying to weed out all of my clothing (i'm a clothes horse). i have entirely way too much. in order to help me see what i actually wear and what i can bear to get rid of i turned my hangers backwards. after i wear it and want to put it back into my closet then i hang it properly. after give amount of time (i'm gonna do 3 months) i'm giving away everything that is still hung backwards!! see for yourself what you're really wearing. it works for me!

5 comments:

Family O'Foxes said...

great tip! i can't wait to hear how it turns out for you! if you end up giving away a lot of clothes or not.
~Amy

Cynthia said...

This is a great idea. I am in dire need of a closet purge.

Tiffany said...

What a great idea! I just went through my closet and took our a lot of things. I agonized over some of the items. This would have made it easier. I will try this with my winter clothes I am getting out now.
Thanks for sharing!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Good idea. I may have to try that.

Thanks for sharing.

Nicole Shelby said...

Jodi - I can't tell you how proud I am of you ditching the junk!
Rock on sista'!

Hey, i'll be up there this weekend...and next!