Thursday, May 18, 2006

nobody puts jodi in a corner

fortune cookie says: "others appreciate your good sense of humor. 07 15 26 39 41, 14"
...
so my questions is: do you? do you really?
...
well today is thusday, and we all know what that means: hula. my day to practice being one of my favorite cartoon character, lilo. yes, she was a disaster at hula as well (although, her excuse was stitch. i have no excuse, except horrible coordination).
...
moving on with the topic at hand, while driving home from work yesterday i had an epiphane about my character.
...
what does snorkelling, claustrophobia and road rage all have in common?
...
well, me, of course! why else would i be writing about that?
...
while weezer was crooning softly in my ear i was driving south on haven avenue. it is a fairly large street with three lanes. well, there were three cars (one in each lane) and they were all traveling at the exact same speed. now, it's not like they were driving slow or anything, but because i didn't have the *option* of passing them it was frustrating me. and it occured to me, i do not like the feeling of being "trapped." i like to keep my options open, if i wanted to drive faster, i would like the *option* of passing those cars.
...
i believe this stems from my claustrophobia. okay, maybe i'm not claustrophobic, but i don't know how else to explain it. for example, on my honeymoon my hubby wanted to go snorkelling. i refused. i've tried snorkelling before and it scares me to death that you are out so far away from the shore and surrounded by water. *if* i needed to get back to the dry ground and away from the watery predators i wouldn't be able to do it quickly. i feel trapped.
...
when my hubby squeezes me tightly and doesn't let go, i feel trapped. it's bizarre. i know.
...
any one have any suggestions to get over this?

No comments: