Sunday, May 04, 2008

cal poly pomona senior art show

cal poly pomona senior art show. opening reception is May 24th, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and the show runs from may 18th to june 14th. the above pictures are from the flyer promoting the show. thats my dad right there on the cover. i LOVE that picture of him. it totally cracks me up.
...
i'm so excited for this. my dad has been working hard at what he is showing for the past several months. he unveiled the main pieces that he just finished to us tonight at dinner. we were the first in our family to see them ... AMAZING ... as all his pieces are! (haha, take that nicole and heidi!) anyways, he's been working super hard and i'm so proud of him. robby and i actually discussed buying a piece from him tonight (so he can't sell it at the show). we've never bought one of his pieces -- he usually gives them to us. but this particular piece we both just absolutely adore. and when my dad mentioned how much he would be selling it for, robby said we would buy it. YEAH!
...
i've been loving the pieces he's been working on. they are completely a different style than he used to paint, but they are so interesting and i could look at them for hours. and none of them are really in the same style. the piece he just finished is HUGE ... like so big he can't even hang it in his own house if he wanted to. (although i told him i had the wall space in my living room ... hmmm i just measured our wall and we're pretty sure it would fit). i love it though, its like a painting over a painting over a painting. soo many layers to look at.
...
anyways if you are interested in going. we are planning on attending the reception on may 24th. i can't wait to see the collection all hung up together how my dad invisions it. i've seen all the pieces individually, but not all together. apparently he has enough to fill a 33 foot wall!! so he gets his own wall all to himself. AMAZING!!! if you want to come along, the more the merrier. or if you're in the southern california area stop by. i have maps and more details if you're interested. or you can stop by my house any time and see the pieces i do own.
...
w. keith and janet kellogg university art gallery
cal poly state university, pomona
3801 west temple avenue
pomona, california 91768
...
okay, enough rambling for now. i'm just really excited for my dad. i'm so proud of him!

5 comments:

Kerstin said...

How exciting, I love your Dad's artwork. I have a picture he painted and gave me when I got married hanging up in our house. I hope the show goes really well for him.

Adam & Rachel said...

wow...sounds like your dad has quite a talent. that's neat!

Haddorkus said...

I want to see some pictures. I haven't seen any of his stuff. That is so exciting. Good Luck to your Dad. I wish I was near, I would so be there.

Nicole Shelby said...

HUZZAH!
I am jealous. I hadn't seen the invites yet. I haven't seen most of his project yet.

What piece are you two buying from him?

I'm jealous. And T and I have been talking about coming up for his grand reveal...

and were you at mom's when he got home from the photo shoot? oh my goodness...we were cracking up...his makeup was outrageous!

Jodi Jean said...

kerstin, you can play along as well and post a picture of the painting he did for you for your wedding!!

the invite is pretty awesome. it turned out better than i thought it would. i don't know if i've seen all the pieces, but i think i have (just not all together). i can't wait for the show. i'm so excited and so proud of dad, he's been working his little tail off!!!

the piece that we want to buy is the mosaic of the mother pushing the pram. dad's never done a mosaic before and he probably will not do anymore. i fell in love with it the first time i saw it, and apparently so did robby. so we want it! (i was just gonna snag it, but robby wants to pay him ... thats how much he wants it!)

i never saw dads makeup ... but i've heard stories. hehe.