Friday, February 16, 2007

Introducing ...

well i woke up tuesday morning (february 13th) at 7:00 a.m. and had to go to the bathroom. when i crawled back in bed 10 minutes later i noticed a tightening in my stomach. i then started having contractions and they were 10 minutes apart.
...
we checked into the hospital at 2:00 p.m. at 6:00 p.m. they broke my water. at 7:00 p.m. i got the epidural (ahhh, happiness ... i have a new best friend). i started pushing at 11:45 p.m. at 12:53 a.m. we added a beautiful baby boy to our family. 7 pounds, 2 ounces, 20 inches long. the perfect valentine's day present. he's the most perfect thing i've ever seen in my entire life. he has my eyes and he has the cutest dimples (from his daddy) and as soon as i can get a good picture of them i'll post it. he's perfect.
...
so without further ado (thanx jayne) i'd like to introduce our son
...
... aidan connor...

11 comments:

Phillip said...

Congratulations, Jodi, to you and your whole family! Keep the pictures coming!

I don't know who will get more lame jokes and puns made: Joy, for her name, or Aidan for being a Valentine's baby. I have my guesses, though. I hope your recovery goes well!

T.J. Shelby said...

Freaking adorable! I was hoping to see the pictures and be able to make some obnoxious "alien lizard-boy" comments but that's impossible now. He's way too cute! Must be from his mom...

Kathryn Thompson said...

He's gorgeous! Congratulations and get some sleep.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see the baby. He is so beautiful. I am sooo happy for both you and Robbie. Hope to see you soon.

Lisa K said...

Finally, Jodi is a Mommy. Of course we are thrilled for you and can't wait to meet the little guy in person.

Kerstin said...

Congratulations! He is so cute! and I love the name that you picked out. Being a Mom is great!

Jayne said...

Aidan is adorable. I can't wait to hold him! You and Robbie must be so proud. Just think, you will be spending the next 10 years of Valentine's Days at Chuckie Cheese having birthday parties!!!
Note from a spelling freak: it is "ado" for the spelling in the phrase "without further ado".
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, girl - he's so handsome. Congratulations, well done and all that good stuff. You will be an amazing mommy - you've got that love thing down.

Love you!
Cara

Unknown said...

I can't get over how awake and alert you all look - including Aidan. His eyes are open and you're smiling and look fantastic - everyone looks great. You always were a beauty queen!

Nicole Shelby said...

Congratulations.
He's beautiful.
Hannah and Adam are lovin' him (hopefully we weren't too much...)

And you crazy woman - already back in your jeans. Guess there's no hope you're back in your maternity jeans?

Unknown said...

A BABY FOR VALENTINE'S DAY! That's 100X better than a car ANYDAY. Congrats!!!!!!