Monday, December 11, 2006

watch your step

setting: my bedroom
time: 3:02 a.m.
...
i wake from my slumber as nature calls me (dang she's needy, especially now that i'm pregnant). i crawl out of the foot of my bed so that i don't wake my sleeping husband. unfortunately we haven't put away our suitcases from our thanksgiving trip to my sisters (for the record it is my hubby's suitcase). i wasn't fully awake, so therefore not as nimble as i am in the daytime. my foot catches the side of the suitcase, in order to steady myself so that i dont slip and fall i stretch out my hand and use the bed as a guide -- this startles my husband. he sits straight up, and announces "huuuwwwaaaahhh" and he uses both feet and prompty kicks me square in the chest.
...
apparently at 3:02 a.m. i look very suspicious standing at the foot of the bed, and he assumes that i am a predator there to attack his family. he does the only thing he can do to protect them. kick the assailant, knock them down, take them down. (that's what i get for marrying a marine). needless to say it knocked me down. as i sat there on the floor, stunned by what just happened, apparently my husband realized what happened. he quickly came to my rescue and started hugging me and profusely appologizing. he helped me to my feet, i did my business and crawled back into bed.
...
as i lay in bed thinking about what just happened (and he lay next to me appologizing, hugging, kissing, trying to calm me down) my ninja-son decided i was a predetor as well and started kicking me from the inside -- to the extent that it made me cry out in pain. i told hubby he must be awake from all of the adrenaline pumping through my system.
...
we laid there for about an hour just talking and giggling (well i was doing most of the giggling, he didn't think it was very funny that he kicked his pregnant wife in the chest) i told him that i was gonna call my sister and tell her all about it, he begging me not to. them i told him, "oh, i am soooo blogging this", again he begged me not to, but he doesn't read my blog anyways, so he'll never know.
...
i'm just grateful that hubby kicked me in the chest and not in the stomach, or else the night could have turned out much differently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to bother you, but mom really wants baby details. so please comply. thanks

your favorite cousin, gabe

Unknown said...

LOL! Yep, it would've turned out MUCH differently!