Thursday, August 31, 2006

answers to prayers

well readers i've recently received an answer to a prayer and i thought that i would share it with you.
...
ever since i found out that i was pregnant i've had the desire to quit my job and be a stay at home mom. the only problem is that i work and if i quit my job we would not be able to pay all of our bills. this concern and desire has been on my mind ever since.
...
two saturdays ago (August 19th) i was asked to babysit for some friends. they have a three year old little girl and another on the way (she's one month ahead of me). well, we were sitting there talking while they were waiting for the couple that was going out with them. and heather asked me if i was planning on being a stay at home mom. well my answer was: that is what i want, but it doesn't look like an option at the moment. she then asked me if i would be interested in doing day care for their kids, and threw out an amount of how much i would be paid (just about how much i am getting paid now).
...
after they left i could think of nothing else. i wanted to call my mom that instant and talk to her about it (that is how my own mother supplemented their income as i was growing up, we always had other people's children in our home) but she was in utah, and i didn't want to bother her. but the more i thought about it, the more i realized that it was the perfect solution, and it had just fallen into my lap.
...
even now, when i think about it, i only have the most peaceful feelings. you would think i would be terrified. going from no kids, to having a four year old and two newborns. that's crazy right? okay, i'm a little nervous. but i've always been pretty good with kids. and what's one more poopy diaper when i'm already changing a ton on my own kid? i spoke with my sister about it, and she was very reassuring, telling me i'd be a great mom, and this is right up my alley.
...
i can't help but think that the Lord truely does work in mysterious ways. i've been racking my brain with a solution, and here one falls right into my lap when i needed it.

1 comment:

Allysha said...

that's great. I love it when things like that happen, because you know that when it comes to the important things, and sometimes even the not so important things, the Lord does have our best interests in mind. I've noticed this is especially true when it comes to our children. Good luck!