Thursday, July 06, 2006

sad day

okay, completely sad day in history.
...
if you feel a bit squeemish today, you should stop reading this post now!
...
seriously people, i'm gonna talk about vomit today.
...
okay, well my mom always brags that i am the best thrower-upper-person ever. even as a child i always made it to a bowl, or "the bowl" -- as in the big porcelin one in the bathroom. i never made a mess. my mom, becuase of me, never had to clean up nasty throw up from any surface (carpet, tile, nothing).
...
well, this morning that wonderful streak was crushed. yes, i didn't make it this morning. there i was sitting on the couch eating me honey-nut-cheerio-wannabes. and they were delicious . . . until the bottom of the bowl, and then they started getting soggy. cheerio-wannabes are not supposed to be soggy, they are supposed to be crunchy and absolutely delicious. well, the sogginess made me gag a little. and then it was all over. i ran to the bathroom.
...
yes, made it.
...
then i hear the hubby in the other room (while still in bed), "what are you doing?" me (very casually) "throwing up, what do you think i'm doing?" then i start gagging some more. uh-oh! so i run back to the bathroom.
...
no, didn't make it.
...
although it did land on the counter and on the tile right next to "the bowl". at least it wasnt on the rug. and it was easy to clean up. but, by golly, i've always been excellent that "making it". i mean, right now i have bowls in the living room, bedroom and my car just in case i feel a little nausea (even though i haven't at all). dang.
...
after i cleaned up my mess, i grabbed a box of nilla wafers (those dont get soggy - unless you add other stuff) and headed to work. it was such a sad say that i had to call my mom.
...
me: mom, it's a sad day today.
mom: why?
me: i didn't make it.
mom: but you ALWAYS make it.
me: not today. [recounted the whole story]
mom: but you ALWAYS make it, even when you were a kid.
me: i know. you know what though, cheerios look a lot like oatmeal, it was gross.

No comments: