Tuesday, July 18, 2006

back to work

last week i took the entire week (moday through friday) off to go beach camping with my family. it was a wonderful trip. although somehow trying to get comfortable while preggo in a sleeping bag is a talent i have yet to master. but i must confess, on the last night when i moved to a different tent i slept better, strange, since the bag and the pad i was sleeping are were exactly the same. bizarre.
...
i think i would have appreciated it more if i hadn't got sunburned the second i stepped onto the beach. yes, i did put on sunscreen, but either it didn't work, or i just don't know how to apply it correctly (what's i'm supposed to cover ALL of my skin? not just random blotches? weird!)
...
now my entire body is molting, i feel like a lizard shedding it's skin, or a caterpillar coming from the cocoon. unfortunately, i don't think it will lead to an improvement. and when i say my entire body, i mean my entire body, including my head. yes i burned my scalp. not fun, and actually just plain gross. the rest of me i can cover and hide in some manner, shirts and pants, it's amazing. but i cannot cover my head from the horrors of society. seriously, its really gross. one's head should never shed. i would post pictures but they are just too scary to even think about. although, i do think if i stopped scratching it would help not bring more flakes to the surface.
...
now i'm back to work. it's always nice to be missed, and be TOLD that you we're missed. although i know that they missed my ipod too. my little ipod gives our office music, and while i'm gone the office just gets too quiet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Prego in a sleeping bag? You're braver than I! My family decided to go camping when I was eight months pregnant and I had to pass (go figure. :-)

Glad you had a fun time!