Friday, June 16, 2006

thank gracie it's friday

a nice little comic, hopefully it will be inspirational. i only read two comics everyday, dilbert and pearls before swine, this little pearl ran today. i thought it was appropriate.
...
tomorrow is saturday, and i'm going to a three year old's birthday, yes it's that three year old . i'm actually pretty excited about it, it's going to be a princess birthday party, and in two weeks i get to go to my hannah's four year old birthday party, which i am also really excited about.
...
for those of you who don't know, let me explain my relationship with hannah. she is my sister's daughter, and i love her to pieces. when my hubby was overseas i lived with my sister, her hubby and hannah. it was around the time that hannah started talking, and she was learning everyone in our families names. she would point to pictures and say, "ama" "papa" "mommy" "daddy" and would NEVER say my name. this was starting to get annoying, i mean i saw this little girl EVERYDAY, should would eat all my french fries and we watched wiggles, and yet she wouldn't say my name.
...
one day i was holding her and we were looking at a family picture on my mom's fridge. hannah named everyone, then looked at me and pointed at my picture, "hemi" then pointed to me, "hemi" then pointed to my picture, "hemi" then pointed to me, 'hemi'. like she was saying, stop worrying about it, you have a name, it's "hemi" and you are soo special to me that i have a nickname for you. since then i have always been her "hemi" and i'm sure that when her brother starts talking he will call me hemi as well.
...
i will never know where in the heck that girl pulled hemi from. she has the wildest imagination. but i still thinks its cool that my neice gave me a nickname and no one else. we've always had a special bond. now she lives 2 hours away, and i rarely see her. talking on the phone is not the same thing, and she's not much of a phone talker, but she loves listening to the phone.
...
well there's the story of how i became hemi.

No comments: